“Video: “Definition of ‘Islamophobia’ is circular, a violation of logic”
Posted on October 5, 2013 by creeping
via Islamophobia – An Ill-Defined Term: Intervention At OSCE Human Dimension Implementation Meeting – Liberties Alliance :: Liberties Alliance.
“Below is the intervention read by Ned May, representing the International Civil Liberties Alliance (ICLA) at the OSCE Human Dimension Implementation Meeting, Session 6 “Freedom of Religion or Belief”, Warsaw, September 26, 2013.
As other delegates have noted, the use of ill-defined terms can be an impediment to progress. In the worst of cases, such terms may even be exploited to effectively undermine human rights.
For example, the definition of “Islamophobia” presented at the OSCE conference in Tirana, Albania on May 22nd 2013 fails to meet reasonable standards of logic, coherence, and objectivity.
The definition fails solely due to the inclusion of the word “unfounded”. As a result, well-founded fear, mistrust, or hatred of Islam does not constitute Islamophobia. Millions of non-Muslims have very real reasons to fear Islam and Muslim violence, and cannot reasonably be described as “Islamophobes”.
Furthermore, any investigation into the basis for the fear of Islam is denounced as “Islamophobia”. Thus the definition of “Islamophobia” is circular, a violation of logic….”
- Video: “Definition of ‘Islamophobia’ is circular, a violation of logic” (creepingsharia.wordpress.com)
- Freedom Fighters at the 2013 OSCE Human Rights Dimension Implementation Meeting in Warsaw, Poland (counterjihadreport.com)
- Istanbul to host International Islamophobia Conference (worldbulletin.net)
- Islamists to Absolve Australians of ‘Islamophobia’ (theblaze.com)
- International “Islamophobia Conference” Promotes Sharia Agenda (counterjihadreport.com)