109,000 civilians displaced by 200 Muslim separatists in southern Philippines
- 109,000 civilians displaced by 200 Muslim separatists in southern Philippines (creepingsharia.wordpress.com)
- Filipino Troops Gain Ground Against Separatist Rebels in Zamboanga (world.time.com)
- Philippines: army takes on Muslim separatists who want to form Islamic state (euronews.com)
- Philippine rebels agree to truce (bbc.co.uk)
- Fighting in Southern Philippines creates humanitarian crisis (counterinformation.wordpress.com)
Why the Western media blackout on this Islamic siege that shut down an entire city? via Why the Conflict in the Southern Philippines Is Far From Over | TIME.com.
Nineteen days have passed since around 200 Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) rebels marched on the City Hall there and tried to raise the “Bangsamoro Republik” flag to signal independence from the Manila government. Fifteen soldiers and police now are now dead along with at least 126 rebel fighters, while 109,000 civilians have been displaced into squalid camps amid a growing “humanitarian crisis,” according to the U.N.
Rebel numbers have been swelled by reinforcements since the original confrontation on Sept. 9, and although almost 300 MNLF fighters have surrendered or been captured, a significant number remain at large, using Christian hostages as human shields. Zamboanga City is a tropical trading post of around a million people and the principle…
View original post 324 more words